My Prenatal Pilates class involves specific Pilates movements, appropriate stretching, relaxation and breathing techniques.
I focus on maintaining your posture to reduce the discomfort that can arise from postural changes. Changes which often last well into the postnatal period and beyond if never addressed. Conditioning your deepest core muscles to maintain abdominal strength, condition the pelvic floor and prepare your body for labour and childbirth.
Some benefits of Prenatal Pilates:
- Maintaining the strength of the abdominal and pelvic floor muscles that are continually stretched during your pregnancy.
- Increased body awareness and maintaining good pelvic and spinal alignment with better posture.
- Increasing lung capacity and creating more room for the baby within the body.
- Strengthening the upper back muscles to help prevent rounding your shoulders in as you carry your added weight in front. It also prepares you for carrying your baby!
- Speeds up postnatal recovery! See my Postnatal Pilates Programme here.
€60 for a six-week course (six classes), €10 is non-refundable in the event of a cancellation.
All equipment is supplied but you will need to bring a drink of water.
In some circumstances, you could be advised against exercise during pregnancy. You should always ask your Midwife or Doctor if Pilates is right for you before you sign up for class. It is advised you do not start Pilates or any new form of exercise unless you are 12 weeks into your pregnancy as a precaution. However, if you already practice Pilates you can continue from the beginning of your pregnancy if you feel up to it.
Please note that most classes fill very quickly, so book in as early as possible. All returning clients get priority booking for ongoing courses. Spots will only open up to new clients after existing/returning clients have rebooked.
If you are in the final few weeks of your pregnancy or have recently given birth you will be interested in my Body After Baby Online Programme. This you can begin in the first few weeks postpartum to strengthen your Pelvic Floor and begin to correct your posture until you feel your core strength has returned.