Emma, thanks for 6 weeks of pregnancy pilates that had me leaving the studio every time feeling energised and good. Wish I had done this on my first two pregnancies! Will definitely recommend.
Started with the pregnancy pilates classes which were brilliant, I had a quick labour and delivery on my first child and I think the classes really helped with that.
Started Barre after that. It is amazing! Emma pushes you which is great. I have a flat tummy, toned arms and legs and great flexibility thanks to Emma. Classes are always fun. Studio provides a perfect workout environment.
The pregnancy pilates was a really great support throughout my pregnancy. It taught me watch my posture and breath and I found it really useful through the birth and after. I would recommend this class. Thanks!!!
I attended Emma's Pregnacy Pilates course last year and found it so relaxing and beneficial. It was an hour to focus on myself and helped me prepare for my impending arrival.
After I had my daughter I returned to Emma's barre concept class. I was 6 months postpartum and I haven't looked back. Really enjoy the classes and it's helping me regain my pre pregnancy composure and have even more flexibility now then I did before. I would highly recommend Emma's classes.
Having required physio post-pregnancy, I found Emma's ability to adapt moves, and even recommendations for home practice, excellent. Emma has in-depth ante-natal and postpartum training so however pregnancy has affected you physically, she's probably heard of it and can help.
Emma is highly qualified, motivated, enthusiastic, encouraging, also regularly up-skilling, training and sharing her new knowledge or moves. I really feel the benefit for days afterwards!
I thoroughly enjoyed pregnancy pilates classes with Emma. I attend classes with her from 13weeks until full term. The classes really enabled me to maintain a strong core and helped me understand the importance of my pelvic floor. I definitely think I would have been lost without them.
I liked having time out to relax , engage and continue with pilates exercises that I had done prior to pregnancy. The classes were challenging yet Emma catered specifically to the needs of a pregnant woman. The classes enabled me to stay calm during my pregnancy. Emma also provides specific stretches and exercises that can be practiced at home to ensure body aches don't become unbearable during pregnancy. I've attended the pregnancy classes three times now and would recommend highly.
My Prenatal Pilates classes involves specific Pilates movements, appropriate stretching, relaxation and breathing techniques.
I focus on maintaining your posture to reduce the discomfort that can arise from postural changes. Changes which often last well into the postnatal period and beyond if never addressed. Conditioning your deepest core muscles to maintain abdominal strength, condition the pelvic floor and prepare your body for labour and childbirth.
Benefits of Prenatal Pilates:
- Learn how to really improve your abdominal and pelvic floor strength
- Helps you to manage your pregnancy weight (in addition to eating a well-balanced diet). Obesity in pregnancy has been shown to be associated with increased risk for gestational diabetes, hypertension, Cesarean and other complications.
- Reduces the chance of abdominal separation late in pregnancy
- Improve your posture to reduce lower back and pelvic pain
- Prepare your pelvic floor for labour and birth
- Improve the position of the baby for a faster and less painful childbirth
- Speed up your postnatal recovery and get back in shape sooner! See my Postnatal Pilates Programme here.
Prenatal Pilates Timetable:
Classes are 8pm Irish time. Class is one hour long.
Fee: €10, payment is required in advance to secure a place.
Terms & Conditions:
- In some circumstances, you could be advised against exercise during pregnancy. You should always ask your Midwife or Doctor if Pilates is right for you before you sign up for class.
- It is advised you do not start Pilates or any new form of exercise unless you are 13 weeks into your pregnancy as a precaution. However, if you already practice Pilates you can continue from the beginning of your pregnancy if you feel up to it.
- Before confirming your booking, please ensure you will be able to attend as I will not be able to facilitate refunds after the class has begun.
Book Recommendation: Let Birth be Born Again by Jean Elaine Sutton
If you are in the final few weeks of your pregnancy or have recently given birth you will be interested in my Body After Baby Online Programme. This you can begin in the first few weeks postpartum to strengthen your Pelvic Floor and begin to correct your posture until you feel your core strength has returned.
I am Emma McAtasney, founder of a boutique Pilates studio in Dundalk, Ireland. BASI Pilates instructor, BarreConcept instructor and prenatal and postnatal exercise specialist.
I love working with successful, courageous women from all over the world – like yourself – to give you clear, applicable information, support you in truly creating core strength, fall in love with your strong and healthy body and focus on living your best life!
Together, let’s create a lifestyle that gives us health and happiness for a lifetime!