This is a great light lunch or supper. My brother used to order lettuce wraps with his Chinese takeaway. That version was super spicy! Unbearably spicy to me so I began making my own. No mouth melting, tongue swelling fire in mine thankfully. I really don’t know how he ate them.
One of my lovely clients was asking for quick meals, here’s one for you. Other than giving the turkey time to marinate in the sauce, this was cooked in a very short period of time. Fifteen minutes approximately.
I’ll be labelling any meals that can be brought together in under thirty minutes with the category “
I used this Julienne slicer to do the carrots.
Ingredients: Serves 3
- 500g turkey mince
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (use
gluten freeif necessary)
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive or sesame oil
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 4cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 red chilli, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
- 4 scallions, cut into long strips
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 2-3 baby cucumbers, sliced lengthways (Lidl)
- 1 onion, cut into thin long strips
- 12 large romaine lettuce leaves (four each)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, oil, garlic, ginger and chilli together in a small bowl. Pour over the mince and mix together to marinate the turkey. Leave in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Chop your veggies and have ready to cook. Wash your lettuce leaves, pat dry and have ready on the plate.
- Heat 2 teaspoons coconut oil in a large pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add the marinated turkey and marinade and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring often, until the turkey is beginning to brown. Stir in the sesame seeds.
- Add the carrots and
stir fryuntil slightly softened. Add the onions, scallions and cucumber and stir fryfor approximately one minute to heat through. I like to keep the veg crunchy.
- Spoon mince and vegetables onto the lettuce leaves and enjoy!
PS: Be sure to subscribe to my fortnightly newsletter. I send out a mix of recipes like this to try, and video workouts for you to do at home. As a bonus, you will receive the highlights of my Nutrition Guide.