- 2 medium ripe but firm avocados
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 finely diced onion, spring onion and pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- bunch fresh coriander leaf, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- Pinch Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Half the avocados, and remove the stones.
- Scoop the avocado out of the shells with a spoon into a shallow bowl
- Mash with a fork, potato masher, or pastry blender until smooth
- Mix in the remaining ingredients
- Taste and adjust the seasonings
- Put in the fridge for 1/2 hour or more to let the flavours get to know one another.
- Devour immediately – guacamole is a poor keeper.
- Serve with celery sticks, carrot sticks, bell pepper strips and asparagus spears (steamed).
*Guacamole is best made as close to serving as possible. For short-term storage, seal in an airtight container with a piece of plastic wrap directly against the surface of the guacamole.