This has been a new favourite as it is quick and easy to make, delicious and healthy. I love this kind of simple, fresh salad in the summer. The crisp cucumber is light, fresh, healthy, and the dressing is just gorgeous!
If you are looking for a good julienne slicer, I bought this one off Amazon. It’s amazing. Very sharp, so quite easy to create the carrot “noodles”.
I used my spiralizer for creating the cucumber “noodles”.
- 1/2 cucumber, spiralized into ribbons or sliced very thinly
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin small slices
- 1 scallion, sliced finely
- 1 cup frozen edamame, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon of Toasted Sesame Seeds (for garnish)
- 2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (about half a lime)
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger
- pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
- If you have a spiralizer, use it to cut the cucumbers into long ribbons or finely slice into rounds or strips. I used a julienne slicer for my carrots.
- Place the spiralized cucumber into a strainer and toss with 1 teaspoon of salt. Let the cucumber drain for 15-20 minutes to remove excess water. Once the cucumber has drained for a bit, spread it onto a layer of paper towels, or a clean dish towel, and gently pat out as much moisture as you can.
- In a large bowl, combine cucumber ribbons, carrot, peppers, edamame and scallions.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together dressing ingredients. Taste and adjust to your liking (some like it sweeter, some like it saltier).
- When ready to serve, drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and chilli flakes and serve immediately!
Leftover salad can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a day, but keep in mind that the cucumber will continue to release excess water as it sits. If your salad becomes soupy, you can drain the water from the bottom of the bowl before eating.
Please let me know how this turns out for you! Tag me in any pictures on Instagram.